SHAW and St. Jude
It is instantly clear when you visit St. Jude that it is a place of abundant creativity and considerable innovation. The doctors, nurses and other staff are engaged and excited about their work. What you see when you visit St. Jude is indeed almost magical. Except that it isn’t magic. It is some of the most important scientific research benefiting not only the patients at St. Jude, but kids with cancer around the world. At Shaw, we identify with work based in research, innovation and creativity that plays a larger role in the world.
Since St. Jude opened its doors in 1962, it has changed the way the world understands and treats pediatric cancer. It is one-part children’s hospital and one part research center. Discoveries made at St. Jude hospital are shared freely so that doctors across the world can expand on protocols and treatments and help cure kids worldwide. So far, St. Jude has pushed childhood cancer survival from 20 percent to more than 80 percent. In the next decade, the research hospital hopes to push survival rates to 90 percent.
At St. Jude, no family ever receives a bill for anything – treatment, travel, housing or food. It takes close to $2 million a day to run St. Jude and 75 percent of those funds come from corporate partners and individual donors. Shaw is proud that we have been among those corporate donors since 2011. It was that special place that St. Jude possesses in so many hearts and its message of hope and family that led us to
creating an ever-growing philanthropic and cause-marketing partnership with the organization.
- Continued and expanded support of the St. Jude Dream Home Giveaway, which raises more than $20 million annually. Shaw is national sponsor and exclusive flooring provider for approximately 30 Dream Home Giveaway homes each year. Shown above is the 2014 St. Jude Dream Home in Arcadiana, Louisiana.
- St. Jude Carpet Collection from Shaw Floors - a collection of 46 carpet styles. Proceeds from every yard of carpet sold from this exclusive collection support St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.
- A co-branded carpet cushion for which a portion of proceeds go to St. Jude. This unique program allows our valued retailers to take part in the St. Jude mission and raises hundreds of thousands of dollars annually.
- A consumer promotion named “You Save. We Give” which allowed the consumers who buy our products to contribute and to share the word through their social media channels.
- Many Shaw associates have also been inspired to personally support St. Jude and the families the research hospital helps, including dozens who have trained to run the St. Jude Memphis Marathon, raising tens of thousands of additional dollars.
- The launch of a new Patcraft carpet tile collection with William McDonough (Butterfly Effect) in our commercial division with a portion of proceeds being donated to St. Jude.
Our work together has developed so well and been so successful that in 2013, St. Jude recognized Shaw as the “New Corporate Partner of the Year.”
Carpet Cushion for St. Jude
Cushion that gives back to your home, and to the community
At Shaw Floors, we’re passionate about doing more. This inspired us to develop Shaw Cushion for St. Jude, a collection of carpet cushions designed to help give your home, as well as children in need, a solid foundation. The styles in the collection are Hope, Charity, Courage, Supreme, and Victorious.
For every purchase of cushion from the Shaw Cushion for St. Jude collection, a donation will be made to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. We are proud to announce that we have donated hundreds of thousands to St. Jude since the launch of this collection.
With the Shaw Cushion for St. Jude collection, you’ll find the same exceptional quality and performance you’ve come to expect from us. And you’ll also have the knowledge that your purchase made a difference in the life of a sick child. Together, we can do more. Together, we can help St. Jude in finding cures and saving children.
Want to learn more: